Ducen is pleased to announce that it has successfully transitioned to ISO 9001:2015 from ISO 9001:2008 in the first quarter of 2017.
The renewal of ISO 9001: 2015 certificate is a confirmation of compliance and our commitment to high standards and risk-based approach which directly contributes to better responsiveness to customer needs and in turn greater perceived integrity, customer confidence, and very high success rates on project execution.
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization. Specific sections of the standard contain information on topics such as:
- Requirements for a quality management system, including documentation of a quality manual, document control, and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
Some of the key updates in ISO 9001:2015 include the introduction of new terminology, restructuring some of the information, an emphasis on risk-based thinking to enhance the application of the process approach, improved applicability for services, and increased leadership requirements.