A day in the life of our Associate Software Engineer (ESIDE):
● Ensuring support service levels are maintained
● Ensuring acknowledgement & resolution SLAs are met for Production defects
● Participating Incident Management Tele-Conference Bridges for Critical & High impacted incidents
● Performing cross impact analysis for both Incident & Release Management process
● Enabling more proactive monitoring alarms for prevention control
● Reducing reactive incidents and maintaining good control of infrastructure
● Communicating periodic Incident Notification updates to required stakeholders along with the progress till closure
● Ensuring RCAs done for Critical & High impacted incidents
● Participating WAR room sessions for identifying unknown cause of an incident
● Collaborating with cross functional team including neighbouring systems (Up Streams / Down Streams) for application releases
● Deploying & facilitating project deployments, normalization, and maintenance fixes
● Providing E2E DVT support for major releases
● Building strong working relationships within technology team as well as neighbouring / cross functional systems (both offshore and onshore)
● Building knowledge artefacts and knowledge database for quick reference
● Participates in the application of system patches, security patches and third-party updates to maintain systems at a high level of performance, availability, and security
● Maintain and support existing web services / application code and servers
We want you to have:
● Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related course
● Preferably 2-4 years of experience in a Associate Software Administration/Engineering role, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
● Good communicator and can take a lead role whenever required.
● The L2 Production support technician preferably would need to have at least 2 years of experience, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
● Preferably 2 years of working experience in fixing production defects / incidents, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
● Provide operation and production support for the applications developed.
● Use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical problems.
● Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of Middleware platform.
● Develop and update technical documentation.
● Should adopt to new emerging technologies and switch to work in the different environment.
● Strong teamwork, collaborate and work with existing team and complete the tasks on time.
Technology Skills Requirement:
● Hands on experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Rest Webservices
● Deep knowledge on API and micro services
● Good experience on logging framework and Elastic Logstash Kibana (ELK)
● High level experience on Unix Skills, SQL and Java experience (IBM stack preferable)
● Good to have shell scripting experience
● Deep understanding of working in cross-functional teams (DevOps, CI/CD, release management)
● Troubleshooting production problems
● Participate in Incident Management and Release Management
● Experience in build scripts for deployment like, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, uDeploy, Maven (nice to have)
● Experience is IBM stack: WebSphere Integration Designer, IBM Integration Bus, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Process Server (nice to have)
● Experience working in cloud (serverless architecture) environment with Docker and Kubernetes. (preferably OpenShift)
● Experience in monitoring production interfaces and services
● Ensuring all project documentation matches delivery quality
● Effective coordination required with Cross functional team on Release Management, and Support (including normalization) Strong conceptual strength, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with tools like JIRA, Confluence and Sharepoint, and understanding of ITIL concepts and Agile methodology
● Flexible in working rotational shifts
Ducen is a trusted technology solutions provider that aims to empower Fortune 1000 companies through quality solutions and services. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, we help organizations simplify data management, secure business processes, and deliver insights – all in an effort to drive business outcomes and enhance the customer experience. Through our enterprise analytics platform, we build and manage data-driven digital platforms including business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions. We also offer a comprehensive services portfolio covering data management, cybersecurity, and application development to help clients stay ahead of the technology curve.
Life at Ducen
At Ducen, you’ll work with business stakeholders, collaborative and diverse global team of enterprise and solution architects, talented engineers, designers, business analyst, data scientists, marketers, and thought leaders all committed to deliver exceptional business value. We are here to fuel your passion and empower you to step up and pave your path to success.
Why you’ll love working at Ducen
1. Work in a collaborative workspace that helps to bring out the best in you.
2. We promote a culture where you get recognized and rewarded for all amazing work you do.
3. We empower you to think creatively and celebrate innovative ideas.
4. We encourage continuous learning to ensure you stay ahead in your sphere of work.
5. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
6. As a permanent employee, you’ll also have:
• 24 days paid holiday – this excludes our regular holidays
• Health and medical coverage for self and one dependent
• Statutory and government mandated benefits
7. We recognize the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity conditions.
8. Here are 31 more reasons why you’ll love working at Ducen.
|Job Category||IT / Software|
|Job Title||Associate Software Engineer (ESIDE)|
|Location||Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Number of Positions Open||1|