This job posting is for Sryas Inc., Ducen’s holding company based in Canada.
Sryas/Ducen empowers businesses across multiple industries with its enterprise analytics platform and strategic solutions in data, analytics, application development, and cybersecurity – helping organizations stay ahead of the technology curve. We set up smart teams who love challenges and think disruptively to help our clients succeed. We are a transparent organization that values honesty and promotes diversity. The ideas and passion of our team members and the ambitions of our customers drive our corporate philosophy and purpose.
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will be part of the infrastructure team responsible for maintaining and supporting clients’ infrastructure. This role act as the point of contact for operational support, infrastructure improvements and upgrade projects.
He / She should be flexible to commute to Offices located in Downtown Toronto and Mississauga.
● Represent the Team in technical meetings with other departments and with external clients of the Company
● Propose solution based on client’s requirements, prepare cost estimates and technical documentation
● Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, servers (Windows, Linux), virtualization platforms, Cloud Services and storage systems
● Lead hardware and OS installations, configurations, upgrades
● Lead application installations, configurations, and administration
● Manage server infrastructure to support business requirements
● Ensure system upgrades or modifications are made with minimal downtime or disruption of service by planning, automation, and thorough testing
● Track and control IT assets throughout their life-cycle, including inventory, preventative maintenance, replacement, currency.
● Identifying, documenting, and creating appropriate processes and procedures for all critical infrastructure
● Enforce data security, premises integrity and access procedures as per corporate security policy
● Support internal and external audits
● Implement monitoring and alerting of systems
● Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and implement solution (including performance and security issues)
● Participate in on-going research, planning, design, and implementation of new technologies
● Participate in gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and supporting server and client technologies that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively
● Maintain infrastructure including upgrades of hardware and software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues and participates in system related changes following corporate’s Change Management process
● Provide leadership and work with cross-functional teams in the Incident and Change Management process
● Provides inputs into resource planning and skills development gaps to deliver future requirements
● Computer Systems Technology diploma, University Degree or equivalent technical knowledge
● Excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
● 7+ years of experience in systems administration and implementation experience in Windows and Linux in virtualized environment in a medium to large enterprise
● Strong Linux and Windows-based system administration in a cloud or virtualized environment
● Experience designing, implementing, and supporting VMware/OpenShift platform
● Experience managing more than one of IBM Software (WebSphere, BPM/BAW, IID, IIB, InfoSphere MDM)
● Experience administering Oracle and MS SQL databases
● Strong scripting skills
● Experience managing and improving infrastructure, operations, and services
● Experience managing service delivery with multi-sourced team
● Experience managing service in a cloud-centric architecture
● Experience leading customer service function in a fast-paced and multi-project IT environment
● Experience with incident and change management
● Experience in vulnerability scanning, server/application hardening, and SSL configuration
● Experience in performance tuning, server build best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues
● Commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for improvement
● Must be able to prioritize and work on infrastructure support and project implementations
Sryas/Ducen offers the dynamics and excitement of working in a startup environment, a leading Center of Excellence with top of the line technology and innovation.
Sryas/Ducen is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Sryas/Ducen is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all job applicants and employees in Canada. Please advise us of any special accommodation needs during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||IT / Software|
|Job Title||Lead Infrastructure Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Number of Positions Open||2|